Sunday, February 13, 2011

Prom Outfit Rundown

Photos courtesy of Liz, found here.
My prom dress was a reconstructed version of a dress Carissa gifted me for the occasion. I'm terrible about doing "befores" to pair with the "afters," but the dress originally looked like a sky blue version of this:
Source
 To alter the dress, I cut off the long skirt, fitted the bodice, removed the sleeves, made a scoop-neck, and added a giant bow and bustle from extra fabric. I used elastic and more fabric for the hair bow, and one of the sleeve's cuffs for the corsage band. Of the entire ensemble, the only thing I spent money on specifically for the occasion was the $1.00 bundle of fake grapes for my wrist. All other pieces were already in my home!
Dress and bow: Reconstructed vintage, FREE
Tights: Betsey Johnson, $3.00 
Shoes: Not pictured. Thrifted floral and bow-ed wedges, $12.00 BIG SPENDER
(pictured above were my packed "comfy pair")
Bracelet: Rhinestone costume necklace, worn to my actual senior prom!
Corsage: Bundle of plastic grapes, $1.00
Approximate Total:  $16.00
Jake's Outfit
Shirt: Thrifted, $2.00
Bow-tie: Thrifted, $.50
Boutonniere: Clearance craft aisle, $1.00
Belt: One-hundred-thousand years old, thrifted rhinestone buckle, $.50
Pants: Thrifted, $3.00
Shoes: Thrifted Italian snakeskin "pimpin shoes," $5.00
Approximate Total: $12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages