Last night marked the 28th birthday of a very good friend of mine, who has one of the fiercest and gnarliest beards around. In our beard-heavy friend circle, Josh is still in a league of his own. A moth flew out of it once. Seriously.
|Josh (left) wore a ladies pant suit at the roller rink in honor of Jake's birthday.|
Here is a small list detailing just some of the reasons I appreciate having Josh in my life:
- He lets me cut his hair, even after I polish off a Joose
- He always stays positive!
- His hyperactivity always leads to lots of fun activities, like high jump contests inside the bar.
- He loves everything, but he loves terrible movies just a little extra...for this Halloween, Josh dressed as Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's 2.
- Last Halloween, Josh dressed as Teen Wolf and barfed on his fur hands. CLASSIC!
- He's a really, really smart engineer but never acts as superior as he probably should.
- He can karaoke "Big Pimpin" flawlessly, which I cannot but so wish I could (and have tried and failed very, very harshly).
|Josh! Josh! Josh! Josh! Josh! Josh! Josh!|
To celebrate, the party started at CiCi's Pizza Buffet for a kick-start of poor decisions, and then moved to Carissa's for a rousing game of drinking to Police Academy, another one of Josh's beloved terrible movies. I skipped CiCi's to play snow fairy and add a little birthday spirit to Carissa's yard.
|Step 2: Use an Exact-O knife and cutting board to cut around the outline of your design.|
|Step 2: Stencil complete!|
|My army of spray bottles.|
My gift to Josh, beyond the snow art, was a pair of khakis cargo shorts altered to have cat pockets. CAT POCKETS! This was not only a huge gift success, but incredibly affordable. The shorts were gifted to Jake brand new by a coworker, and the cat fabric is out of Carissa's piles.
|In progress. After I removed the side pockets with a seam ripper, I used the old pocket panel as a template. A zig-zag stitch makes sure the pocket will hold all the trash Josh desires (which is a lot).|
|Carissa and Ramona nailed the birthday train this week too. Here is a sad old clown painting made new again with glasses and fur beard for Josh. They also gifted 5 mountain shirts with dragons and dolphins to seduce his old lady all over again, and pixie stix and a slide whistle to drive her absolutely crazy.|
Happy birthday Josh! We're really glad you're here.