Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Vegan Snack: Walnut, Cilantro, and Jalapeno Pesto

For the first time, I am attempting a pseudo cleanse (via veganism) until Christmas. It's only been a couple of days and I really miss cheese, but I assume that will get easier as the days go by.

My amazing Aunt Paula made things easy on me, unknowingly, and brought a jalapeno, cilantro, and walnut pesto dip that is so delicious and simple that it's out of control. It has a thick, creamy, satisfying texture that I often associate with non-vegan foods. I think I'll be eating this quite a bit over the next month. We ate it with crackers and sliced jicama, but I think it'd compliment just about anything "dip-able."

Cilantro image source.

You can find a recipe here, or simply by typing "jalapeno, cilantro, and walnut pesto" into your search bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages