Monday, November 28, 2011

Family Feasts

 It was a busy long weekend of food and family. After a fun day in Peoria with Jake's HUGE family, we hosted my TINY family in our apartment. All minor issues aside (like the turkey not being cooked the first time around), it went without a hitch. I made a pretty traditional holiday feast to see if I was capable. Turns out, I mostly am.

After almost a whole week of feeling over-full with fatty foods, I've decided to go vegan for the stretch of time between now and Christmas. The goal is to focus on fruits, veggies, and nuts with some occasional beans and quinoa for protein. Wish me luck! And please, share some of your favorite vegan snack foods. Snacks are always what ruin me!



PS- It's Cyber Monday, so be sure to spend your dollars at places like etsy, Renegade, and Big Cartel! Those big box stores don't need your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages