Monday, October 10, 2011

Water Folk


 Like many places this week, the weather has gifted Chicago a last hurrah of enjoyable warmth and sunshine. An extra treat, though, because it has been under the backdrop of fire colored trees who know it is October despite the 80 degrees.



Jake and I celebrated the warm sun by spending our afternoon off together--the first in almost a month-- at the Montrose Harbor on Lake Michigan. It's hard to believe that all of this is only a 15 minute bike ride from where I live. These Iowa Girl thoughts come to me often, I can't believe I live 5 minutes from Wrigley Field! Who ever thought I'd work four blocks from the Sears Tower?



I've always lived in river towns, and the Atlantic and I were very familiar growing up. While being IN water is only so thrilling to me, being near it is what I will embarrassingly describe as soul releasing. It just feels good. While I'd like to get back to my Iowa life in a couple of years, it will be hard to say good-bye to all of this.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages