Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Long Island: Places

The past long weekend was spent re-exploring family on my maternal side. Over four days, I saw almost the entirety of Long Island. Those who know my lack of sophistication may be surprised to see what I come from.
















1. O'Hare to La Guardia    2. My Aunt Dot's in Baldwin, NY
3. Jewelry belonging to my Aunt Dot and Great Grandma (GG) Emme    4. Aunt Dot's bedroom
5. Nautical Mile in Freeport, NY    6. Visiting GG in the East Quogue Cemetary
7. GG's home in Hampton Point, where I visited twice a year when I was a tot
8. Private beach at the bay by GG's home, so many shells and horseshoe crabs collected here years ago
9. & 10. The roaring Atlantic at West Hampton Beach
11. Mussel demolition--how can you not when it's this fresh!?   12. Paper cranes at the Southampton boutiques
13. & 14. Vineyards along the North Folk Wine Trail in Patchogue and Catchogue, NY
15. Claudio's in Greenport, my Great Grandfather's favorite town watering hole   16. View from dinner at Claudio's

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! It looks like a) your computer is working?! and b) you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Pages