Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pom Pom Garland

Thanks to buddy Erica of Hill Vintage for linking to me today and motivating me to finally update.

And look! Actual content! And it's craft-related!

 Like most artistic people I know, I keep a (very full) folder on my computer dedicated to images I collect on the internet that serve as a virtual inspiration board. Recently the garland photos have been "piling" up and I decided to do something about it.

Pom pom garland!


This was as easy as it is adorable. A strand approximately 6ft long took no more than 10 minutes from start to finish. The task is simple: use a larger needle and embroidery floss to string pom poms (you know the ones, in the feather/pipe cleaner/popsicle stick aisle) in any pattern you choose. You can spread them out as I did, or squish them close together for a completely different and precious look. 

Pom poms are incredibly affordable (I purchased 200 for under $3.00), and even mildly crafty folks should have a needle and thread/embroidery floss lying around. 

So, get to work, dudes!

I can't wait to fill my entire home with these in varying color schemes.

1 comment:

Pages